Now that Summer has at last arrived and it’s really too hot to go to the gym or pop out for a refreshing walk or run. Levi Thatcher, Manager of BTU Pools Pool Shop at Wyevale Garden Centre Woking passes on a few swimming pool tips that make sure all the work you put into getting fit and keeping trim over the winter doesn’t go to waste!
‘Just because the weather is too hot to get out running or push iron – doesn’t mean your exercise routine needs to stop. We’ve got some great ideas that mean you can keep fit and cool at the same time!’
- For those lucky enough to have a pool at home you can try the Aquaness Bike. Aquacycling is great to keep fit, sculpt your legs, improve your figure and fight against cellulite!
- The Aquaness Treadmill is another great option. The natural buoyancy of the water allows you power walk or jog with minimal stress on your joints. It also gives a great cardio workout to stay in shape or burn fat.
- Water logs (or pool noodles) not only come in great colours – but you can use them in lots of ways to give a great cardio workout. Curl yours like a ‘J’, sit on the hook and pedal your legs, to propel yourself across the pool – simple, yet effective.
- You can ‘plank’ with your pool noodle too! Hold it in horizontally front of you, then push down until you are in a plank position with your body in a straight line and balancing on your toes – you’ll be surprised at how great an excercise this is!
- You can use pool weights to give your deltoids a good work out. If you don’t have pool weights you can use kettlebells – but make sure you don’t drop them in case they crack the tiles. Simply raise and lower them from your sides – you can find weights in most outdoor equipment stores.
- And finally, you can fit a Counter Current system to your pool and there will be no stopping you. You can swim for as long as you like, use it for light relaxation, for swim training or simply for fun!
We’ve got lots of great ideas on how to keep fit in the pool, to suit every budget. Pop in and simply ask! Pool Noodles start at about £4.00 – so there are no excuses! We are based in Wyevale Garden Centre, Woking and open 9 till 5 Monday to Saturday in the Summer months. You can shop online at www.btupools.co.uk or call us 01483 727444.
If you’ve got any questions and would like us to ring you back, simply leave your details here.
You can use this form to send us your queries and to join our mailing list so you don’t miss out on the latest news from BTU, products, offers and promotions!
BTU Pools, Wyevale Garden Centre, Egley Road, Woking.
Retail Pool Shop:
Monday to Friday 9:00 – 5:00 (all year)
Saturday 9:00 – 5:00 (April to August)
Tel: 01483 727444